Smartmove welcome you to a Stress Free 2015
Are you thinking of becoming a Landlord with a Buy to Let property? Or are you an existing Landlord who is disappointed with your traditional Agent or tired of looking after your own property?
Then you have, either by accident or design, come across the best deal available in this industry.
Smartmove is a letting agency with a unique Landlord Contract that guarantees your rent and the condition of your property.
Let me explain:
Firstly if you are looking for somewhere to make a start in this business you could hardly do better than to choose the Boston/Spalding area.
1) The house prices are among the cheapest in the country.
2) Work is plentiful as it is an area blessed with a multitude of factories, farms and food packing stations.
This means your initial investment will cost less than elsewhere and your achievable rent will be higher because, with plenty of work, your tenants will be able in a good position to pay.
3) It is an area covered by Smartmove who offer an unrivalled deal for Landlords.
So what is the deal? You may ask. Well if you sign up with Smartmove your rental payments are paid into your Bank each month, regardless if your property is rented or not. Often tenants will leave and there will be a gap, sometimes of several weeks, where no rent is paid. That will not be your problem if you are a Smartmove Landlord (Smartmove will still pay you in full and on time). Also if you are new to the business you will soon find that, however well tenants are vetted, they often do not look after the contents of your property as you would yourself. There will be times when properties are trashed with furnishings,decorations, carpets etc spoiled. If you are a Smartmove Landlord then this will not be your problem. At the end of your contract, if you do not renew, your property will be returned in as near original condition as possible. Your only responsibility is to insure the building.
Talking about responsibilities, for a Landlord today there are many and to name a few:
- A Landlord has to check the immigration status of tenants since October 1st 2014 and is liable if any tenants are found to be illegal. The fine for each illegal tenant is starting at 3000 pounds. Smartmove takes on this responsibility for its Landlords.
- Fire & Safety risk assessments on the property needs updating at least monthly. Legislation requires that landlords carry out fire risk assessments in all areas of their properties. This process will identify any fire hazards and who is at risk and decide if anything needs to be done to remove or reduce that risk. Your tenants should feel safe inside of their apartment. This means you should ensure all doors and windows are properly secured and have appropriate working locks. All front doors should, at the very least, have a deadbolt lock. You should also make sure no one else has a key to the tenant’s apartment. Smartmove takes on these responsibilities for its Landlords.
- A Landlord is responsible for responding to repair requests promptly. A tenant pays you rent to reside in your property and it is your duty to respond to requests for repairs in a reasonable amount of time. The severity of the repair should warrant how quickly you should respond. A cabinet door off its hinges does not need immediate attention but should still be taken care of in no more than a week. Smartmove takes on this responsibility for its Landlords and they are only billed if repairs exceed 50 pounds per incident and then only the cost over and above 50 pounds.
- Lack of heat in the winter is a repair that requires immediate attention, both for the safety of the tenant and for the benefit of your property. The lack of heat may cause your water pipes to freeze and that could lead to thousands of pounds in repair costs. Also you could face legal ramifications if you are found to be at fault for the boiler not being on – for example: the lack of heat is due to a faulty boiler you have not repaired and not because the tenant did not pay their gas bill. Smartmove takes on this responsibility for its Landlords.
That’s the rules
Now to reinforce the Good News!
Smartmove takes on all these responsibilities for it’s Landlords
That’s what’s Great about being a Smartmove Landlord. You can live Stress Free, knowing that Smartmove is looking after your asset and your income. You can be relaxing on a beach somewhere while your rental payments are being paid into your bank account regularly and without fail. That’s why we say a Smartmove Landlord is a Stress Free Landlord.
Ok! Now the big question you’re all asking. How much does this cost? Well surprisingly little. Initially we will assess your property and come to an agreement with you over its rental value to us.
Our Landlords are invariably satisfied with our offer and, once agreed, a contract is signed and our first payment to you is made. From that day forward we will only contact you in the most exceptional circumstances (for example if the house burns down). So put your feet up, relax. You’re now Stress Free.
If you’d like to have a ‘no obligation discussion’ regarding your lettings and how this deal would work for you, press this contact button to arrange an appointment: call to action button